This is a trainee post, which requires the post holder to undertake a scheduled programme of professional managerial and operational training to develop the required skills, knowledge and experience to become an Operations Executive.
The post holder will become part of the Showsec Academy and will be required to undertake the programme over a 9 month period. There will be a blend of skills and knowledge training interspersed with operational experience leading to membership of one or more professional institutions.
The overall aim is to complete the programme to at least the minimum standard by the designated deadline.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To pass and hold a SIA Door Supervisors Licence
- To attend all training & development activities and operational experiences as directed by the Academy Manager
- To take an active part in all training, operational experiences and Academy meetings
- To achieve 945 operational hours during the length of the contract (1575 hours)
- To meet required performance levels at allocated times
- To provide a supportive, encouraging and team working environment with fellow Academy Associates
- To complete all Academy paperwork/administration to deadline
- To take ownership for your own learning
- To immediately report back to the Academy Manager any concerns, issues or improvements with the programme you may experience
- To regularly report to the Academy Manager on what you have learnt and how you have applied this at an operational level
- To ensure the high quality delivery of operations, attending and managing events as directed by the Area Manager / Operations Executive and as appropriate to their current level of training
- To assist at events as appropriate to their current level of training
- To be responsible for the health, safety and welfare of staff at events as appropriate
- Any other duties commensurate with the post